Tuesday, 26 July 2011

blueberry and ricotta tartelettes

if you like fresh fruit,
love to bake, 
(but don't like ultra-difficult recipe's)
then this might just be the thing for you!

So, here's what you'll need 
for approximately 3 tartelettes:

250 gr. of blueberries 
1 spoon of blueberry jam
250 gr. of ricotta
a drop of lemon

shortcrust pastry:
you could use the readymade kind you find in the supermarket
or make your own using this really easy recipe

{FIRST}
Cut the shortcrust pastry and fit into the cups.
Bake until golden and crispy!

At this point you'll start feeling really happy,
as deliciously smells fill the kitchen... 

{MEANWHILE}
Add a spoon of blueberry jam (or freshly blended berries)
and a drop of lemon to the ricotta and mix well.
 
 
{LASTLY}
Allow the pastry to cool down for a bit.

Scoop the fruity ricotta mixture into the pastry cups
and finish the tartelettes by piling on a generous handful of berries!
&
ENJOY!

14 comments:

Anna said...

i'm so making this! thanks so much for sharing the recipe along with your gorgeous photos!

pilli pilli said...

Hello Anna!

I have already baked my second batch as well!
With raspberries this time... and they were absolutely yummy too!

I just lòve that mix of the sweet pastry, and the tangy freshness of the uncooked fruit!

So, HAPPY BAKING
& thanks for stopping by!
k.

Julie said...

Ohhh, yum! Must try this one.

Lily Razz said...

Oh this seems very yummy, and easy to make! I'm definitely going to try this one! And mixing it up with rasberries is a great idea! I just made a rasberry & strawberry tiramisu which is also easy to make - also posted the recipe on my blog!

Thanks for posting this one Pilli Pilli! x Lily

pilli pilli said...

I'm glad you all feel tempted to give this a try!
& I hope you'll love those tartelettes as much as I do!
^_^

Do come back & tell us about it if you ever try them with a different fruit!
I'd love the hear about your experimentations!

SisterBatik said...

Simple suits me and I love blueberries - bookmarking!

http://sisterbatik.blogspot.com/

Jooles said...

Ooooh my goodness, they look divine, my mouth is watering :o)
beautiful photo's too
j x

pilli pilli said...

^_^

thank you!!!

linn said...

aaah!

looks delicious

:)

We Blog Artists said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures...and I KNOW this would taste SO scrumptious that I may JUST have to make it this weekend...PERFECT I was looking for a desert to make on Saturday!

So when's "Cook with PilliPilli" coming out on our shelves???

HUGS and have a great day!
CHar.x

Niki @ Sunflower said...

I'm salivating! I think this is a "must try" for me. I like the idea of trying it with other berries too...oh, the possiblities! Thank you!

pilli pilli said...

Well... Happy Baking, girls!

BUT BE CAREFUL!!! They are highly addictive!
I can't stop making these!
(F. even eats them for breakfast these days...)
:D

{hearts}
& thank you very much for all your SWEET feedback!
k.

Caty said...

love your work! and your pictures are amazing!

donkey and the carrot said...

What a beautiful blog! I love your photos :)